Below are some great tips on saving money at the supermarket.
1. Shop with a list. A list will help you to stay on track and only buy the things you absolutely need.
2. Do not shop when you are hungry! I have done this so many times and I can tell you from experience that you will end up buying more!
3. Have a budget. If you know how much money you have to buy groceries with you won’t overspend.
4. Try to keep a pantry staples list. This will help you always keep the basics in your pantry, replace them as needed. If items you need are on sale, stock up.
5. Buy in bulk. My family usually goes to SAMs Club to buy bulk items like toilet paper, paper towels, cereals, etc. You will spend a good amount of money doing this, but believe me you will SAVE a ton of money in the long run!
6. Buy frozen veggies and fruits. They are nice and quick to prepare and they last a lot longer than fresh produce.
7. Eat less meat. Meat is very expensive these days. Try to eat meat maybe once or twice a week instead of every day. Cook some vegetarian meals throughout the week.
8. Go generic. Most generic brands taste exactly the same and cost a lot less. I save a lot of money by doing this. I do however buy some brand name foods that just taste better than the generic brands.